Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Thoughts that Race

Since I’ve had a good thinking...
I’ve been sick for the past couple of days, I’ve stayed away from work and pretty much from everything else.. I remember being sick as a kid was much harder.. for instance if I stayed home from school i would not be allowed to go out and play all that day, even when school was out. Well I think that has stuck with me even now, when it’s just me.. Kate is working, I begin to feel a bit better, why not take the White Knight out for a good unwinding..

No I couldn’t, I called in sick. That’s what I was always taught..
which brings me to the purpose of having a Motorbike.. I feel I have a million things to say, it seems I only have a few seconds to say them in..
My first Motorcycle was a 1968 CJ750 a really sweet looking bike named Molly

She was a sweet baby, to take her out was a dream, with only one problem.. You never knew how long she’d be true to you.. Then I took the leap to a new 2008 Street Glide Harley Davidson.. aka the White Knight..
the White Knight is what jump started my mind..
There are all sorts of things you have to be thinking when on a bike.. do I have an escape route if that Jackass pulls out in front of me? I should pull ahead of this guy on the phone? That old Lady can’t even see me what is she doing driving a four thousand pound Caddy?

Some may think that’s a bit too much to bear.. but the wait is worth it. I promise, you see, this makes your mind work in overtime. and when it begins to clear....... the clouds part, the steal begins to bend to the side, and you begin to see for the very first time.

A new world, of roads to everywhere, and then you hear her say, “I’ll be true to your every whim”
I’m sure it’s much like that whole Genie in a bottle thing but with one difference, you don’t get three wishes, You get miles of them..

2 comments:

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

dude, your writing is sweet! the "miles of them" line was freaking awesome. got all tingly inside. you d'man! makes me miss my bike. it was only a vulcan but i still got to do 'the wave' when on the freeway. that has to count for something!

-matt-

-- jimmy-- said...

thanks dude! that means a lot from you..

getting the wave from a total bad ass is the best!
--jim